Recover your password.
A password will be e-mailed to you.
- Cross Training For Runners: Chiropractic Scientists
- Overused Muscle Issues Relief With The MET Technique
- Resistance Bands Injury Therapy: EP Chiropractic Scientists
- The MET Technique For Exercise Regime
- Lumbar Strain: EP’s Chiropractic Scientists
- Incorporating The MET Technique For Better Sleep
- Constipation Sciatica: EP’s Chiropractic Scientists
- Medication Overuse Headaches: EP Chiropractic Scientists
- Everyday Poor Posture Relieved By The MET Technique
- Coping With Sports Injuries: EP Chiropractic Scientists
Fibromyalgia syndrome (FMS) is a disorder and syndrome that causes widespread musculoskeletal pain in the joints, muscles, tendons and other soft tissues throughout the body. It is often combined with other symptoms like temporomandibular joint disorders (TMJ/TMD), irritable bowel syndrome, fatigue, depression, anxiety, cognitive issues and sleep interruption. This painful and mysterious condition affects around three to five percent of the American population, predominantly women.
Conditions that co-exist with fibromyalgia:
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Irritable bladder
- Migraine headaches
- Raynaud’s Syndrome
- Restless legs syndrome
- TMJ or Temporomandibular joint disorder
Diagnosis of FMS can be difficult, as there is no specific lab test to determine if the patient has the disorder. Current guidelines state that a diagnosis can be made if a person has widespread pain for more than three months, with no underlying medical condition. Dr. Jimenez discusses advances in the treatment and management of this painful disorder.Â For Answers to any questions you may have please call Dr. Jimenez at 915-850-0900