Recover your password.
A password will be e-mailed to you.
- Treadmill Walking Exercise Errors: Chiropractic Scientists
- Disc Herniation Relieved By Spinal Decompression
- Improving Walking Posture: EP’s Chiropractic Scientists
- Spinal Manipulation & Decompression Treatment For Low Back Pain
- Late Night Healthy Nutritious Snacks: Chiropractic Scientists
- Vertebral Subluxation Complex Relieved By Spinal Decompression
- Pinched Nerve Duration: EP’s Chiropractic Scientists
- What Is Spinal Decompression Therapy?
- An Overview Of Vertebral Pain Syndrome
- A Look Into IDD Therapy For Musculoskeletal Pain
Nutrigenomics & Nutrigenetics
Nutrigenomics, also known as nutritional genomics, is a branch of science which studies the relationship between the human genome, nutrition, and overall health and wellness. According to nutrigenomics, food can affect gene expression, the process by which instructions from a gene are utilized in the biosynthesis of a functional gene product, such as a protein.
Genomics is an interdisciplinary field of biology which focuses on the structure, function, evolution, mapping, and editing of genomes. Nutrigenomics utilizes that information to create a custom dietary program to help improve a person’s overall health and wellness with food.
Nutrigenetics is a branch of science which focuses on how the human body responds to nutrients based on their genetic variation. Due to the differences in people’s DNA, the absorption, transportation, and metabolization, among other functions, of nutrients can be different from one person to the other. People can have similar characteristics based on their genes but these genes are actually not identical. This is what is known as genetic variation.