“Auto Injuries: Neck Pain & Chiropractic Treatment
Automobile accidents are the most common cause of whiplash. Any type of accelerated motion that thrusts the head forward and then backwards with extreme force can lead to whiplash. Sports accidents can also cause whiplash-associated injuries.
An unpredicted head jolt can damage the complex structures of the cervical spine, leaving tendons and ligaments intensely irritated and inflamed. The tendons and ligaments as well as other tissues of the neck may become overly stretched and torn.
A whiplash type injury may be suspected if the individual involved in an automobile accident experiences the following symptoms: neck pain and stiffness; worsening pain with movement; loss of range of motion in the neck; headaches, most often starting at the base of the skull; tenderness or pain in the shoulder, upper back or arms; tingling or numbness in the arms, fatigue and dizziness. Other individual’s may experience: blurred vision; ringing in the ears; sleep disturbances; irritability; difficulty concentrating; memory problems; and even depression. While these are some of the most common symptoms of whiplash, they may also suggest the presence of another type of injury or condition resulting from the automobile accident.
Thus, it’s essential to visit a qualified healthcare professional who can properly identify a whiplash injury and offer the required treatment to eliminate the resulting pain and symptoms.
Apart from assessing the doctor’s experience and qualifications, the victim of an automobile accident must primarily consider their geographical location and the type of insurance they are covered by when deciding on the type of doctor to visit following a whiplash type injury. Other factors that should influence the affected individual’s decision include whether they are represented by an attorney and whether they are living in a state where PIP, or personal injury protection, is mandatory.
Whiplash Injury Practitioners
People who’ve sustained injuries from auto accidents fail to receive the kind of medical care they require. It has been previously determined that the outcome of the patient’s rehabilitation depends on the type of doctor they receive care from.
Notice: Clinic News & Events
Many individuals who’ve been involved in an automobile accident, regardless of the severity of the collision, will generally visit the emergency room, or ER, to have their injuries evaluated. The majority of ERs are designed to take patients out of life threatening situations. First, they immediately assess any visible injuries, such as open wounds and broken bones, treating them effectively on the spot. They may even prescribe medications to temporarily relieve the painful symptoms following a traffic collision. However, many victims are not treated for their whiplash injuries. The trained specialists from the ER, provide first-aid, X-rays and medications to remove individuals from life-threatening situations but they don’t readily treat soft-tissue injuries like whiplash. From there, patients are sent to see their primary care physician, or PCP, to assess the rest of their injuries, yet, they may still face hardships to finally receive the proper care they deserve for their injuries.
Primary Care Injury Specialists and Whiplash
Many primary care physicians do not have the full qualifications in treating automobile accident injuries. Many of these doctors may even deny patients treatment. Whiplash associated disorders have been misunderstood in the medical field and many doctors believe whiplash is not a legitimate injury. However, those whom are suffering from whiplash can account for how painful it really is.
Other doctors refuse treatment to whiplash patients because they may not accept any kind of 3rd party billing, a paying method where the doctor seeing the car accident victim has to bill the party at fault’s insurance company or utilize PIP or med pay to receive compensation. This is a commonly well-known reason for denial of treatment as a large number of primary care physicians, or PCPs, still don’t have the required authorizations to accept 3rd party billing.
Besides primary care physicians, medical doctors, orthopedics, chiropractors and physical therapists are several types of qualified healthcare professionals that specialize on treating automobile accident injuries such as whiplash. Among these, chiropractic treatment is the most popular, alternative treatment option for treating various soft tissue injuries or conditions.
Chiropractic Treatment for Car Wrecks
Many people from the legal and medical industry dismiss seeking a chiropractor for auto accident injury treatment. However, the fact is that a chiropractors are some of the only doctors who offer therapeutic treatments to accident victims. Treatment offered by medical doctors might include the use of drugs, although in many cases, they may also recommend physical therapy. This automatically highlights the importance of chiropractic care for whiplash victims because chiropractic care and physical therapy are very similar forms of treatment.
Whenever an individual who’s been involved in an automobile accident visits a chiropractor and complains of pain in the neck, the medical specialist will carry out a series of tests to determine whether the patient has suffered whiplash. Instead of focusing solely on the specific injury, chiropractors are trained to inspect the affected individual’s entire spine. Aside from soft tissue injuries like whiplash, chiropractic doctors may also check for: disc trauma or injury, tightness or tenderness, restricted mobility, muscle spasms, joint injuries, ligament injuries, posture and spinal alignment. They may also analyze the patient’s gait.
Besides checking for the above, chiropractors might also request X-rays and MRI of the patient’s spine in order to find out whether the spine features any degenerative changes which might have developed before the accident. To offer the best possible treatment, it is extremely important to determine which problems existed prior to the accident and which ones resulted from the accident. In most cases, insurance companies may argue that every single injury in the victim’s body is preexisting. This makes the role of the chiropractor considerably important as they will make sure to document all the previous and new injuries separately to ensure the insurance company pays for the patient’s treatment. In addition, the evaluation performed by the chiropractor also allows them to create the most effective treatment plan for each individual whiplash victim.
Main Stages of Care
The leading concern for chiropractors who treat whiplash-associated disorders involve alleviating inflammation in the neck. Chiropractors often recommend ice therapy, or the application of ice pack against the affected area, multiple times a day. This remedy is capable of reducing both pain and inflammation. Once the inflammation subsides, they often carry out a variety of manual therapeutic techniques to restore and increase the individual’s strength, flexibility and mobility.
The kind of chiropractic treatment the individual will require depends largely on the severity of the whiplash encountered. However, it has been previously determined that the majority of individual’s with whiplash find spinal manipulations useful. The most common chiropractic treatment techniques involve, spinal adjustments and manual manipulations, to carefully re-align the structures of the spine and help reduce symptoms. The following spinal techniques are also used to treat whiplash injuries: Instrument-assisted treatment, which involves the use of handheld instruments to provide a gentle massage by applying force onto the spine without utilizing any kind of thrust.
Instrument-assisted chiropractic therapy is used mostly to treat older patients with degenerative joints; flexion-distraction, this technique involves the use of a non-thrusting motions, best described as a slow pumping action; specific spinal manipulation, this therapy involves the use of a mild thrusting technique and is mostly used for restoring motion to the affected joints. Specific spinal manipulation helps stretch the soft tissues, which makes the job of restoring motion to the affected areas of the spine easier; instrument-assisted chiropractic therapy, also known as the Graston Technique, is used during this form of chiropractic therapy to perform repetitive strokes on the injured body part; therapeutic massage, performed to ease muscle tension and stress in the injured region; interferential electrical stimulation, where a patient undergoing this type of therapy will see the chiropractor passing electrical current at a very low frequency through their body. This low frequency current helps stimulate the muscles and reduces inflammation; trigger point therapies, as the name suggests, involves the application of direct pressure onto specific points to alleviating muscle tension; and finally ultrasound therapy, capable of decreasing stiffness, pain, and muscle spasms in the affected areas. When ultrasound is passed through the patient’s muscle tissues, it warms up the treated region and increases blood circulation.
Neck Trauma and Auto Injury
Ultimately, chiropractors can help victims of whiplash in many ways. These health care providers can ensure that an individual’ whiplash and its associated symptoms may subside completely. They always make sure to create a patient-specific treatment plan to make the process of recovery simpler for every individual.
Other than recommending immediate treatment for reducing the acute pain and inflammation, the chiropractor might additionally recommend a series of stretches and exercises, to help speed up the rehabilitation process as well as help increase the individual’s strength, flexibility and mobility.
Whiplash injuries, when left untreated, can cause severe complications. If you or a loved one have been involved in an automobile accident, visit a chiropractor immediately. By being prompt, you can even reduce your recovery time significantly. That’s not all; the chiropractor will also provide the required assistance to your lawyer, proving that the injury resulting from the accident wasn’t a preexisting injury or condition.
When you are injured in a car accident, you must get acquainted with your rights as soon as possible to receive the proper compensation and treatment for your specific situation. There is no such thing as a simple car crash.
Certain injuries or conditions which may have developed following an automobile accident may become chronic or permanent if left untreated. If an individual is experiencing neck stiffness or headaches after a traffic collision, it’s absolutely wrong to assume that this will subside in a few days. A minor discomfort could turn out to be a more serious complication.
Often, people injured in auto accidents develop scar tissue that remains with them throughout the rest of their lives and without the necessary treatments or exercises, these can become stiff and greatly limit an individual’s ability to move properly. The above issues generating from a car accident show how important it is for people to seek immediate legal and medical help. Chiropractors are known for their expertise in managing soft tissue injuries and the resulting chronic and traumatic pain; as a result, they are often considered to be the best healthcare professionals to consult after a car accident.
Sourced through Scoop.it from: www.elpasochiropractorblog.com
Auto accidents can create enormous confusion and frustration. Many of the injuries associated with most car accidents include trauma to the cervical spine. Dr. Jimenez discusses treatment options and procedures used in assisting patients reach optimal recovery. Choosing the right clinical team is always critically important. Many legal experts agree that a specialist focusing on soft tissue injuries is a search requiring great insight and assistance. Doctors of chiropractic and physical therapy along with surgical experts are best suited in assisting patients find the correct treatment options. If you have more questions please feel free to call 915-850-0900 in order to speak to Dr. Alex Jimenez.
These canons of professional ethics are based upon fundamental principles of moral and professional behavior and recommended for all doctors of chiropractic and chiropractic assistants. The following basic principles should be guiding factors in the practice of chiropractic and upheld at all times:
Consider the well-being of the patient. The primary effort and ultimate goal is for the greatest good of our patients.
- Dr. Alexander D. Jimenez D.C., C.C.S.TChief Clinical DirectorPhone: 9155408444Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgSpecializing in Severe Pain: Sciatica, Neck-Back Pain, Whiplash, Headaches, Knee Injuries, Sport Injuries, Dizziness, Poor Sleep, Arthritis. We use advanced proven therapies focused on optimal mobility, health, fitness, and structural conditioning. We use Patient Focused Diet Plans, Specialized Chiropractic Techniques, Mobility-Agility Training, Cross-Fit Protocols and the "PUSH System" to treat patients suffering from various injuries and health problems.
Message from: Dr. Alex Jimenez D.C., C.C.S.T
( Biography and my promise to you )
My name is Dr. Alex Jimenez, I am Chiropractic Doctor specializing in advanced therapies focused on total joint health, strength training and complete fitness conditioning. We use patient Focused Diet Plans, Advanced Chiropractic Techniques, Agility Training, Cross-Fit and the PUSH System to treat patients suffering from various injuries and health problems. Our goal too is to help your body heal itself naturally. When your body is truly healthy, you will arrive at your fitness level and proper weight efforlessly. We want to help educate you on how to live a new and improved lifestyle. Our doctors have spent over 25+ years researching and testing methods with thousands of patients. We strive to create fitness and better the body through researched methods and total programs...
My goal too is to help the body heal itself naturally. When your body is truly healthy and balanced, you will move pain free and ultimatly arrive at your optimal fitness levels and proper weight effortlessly. We want to help educate you on how to live a new and improved lifestyle. Our doctors have spent over 25 years researching and testing methods with thousands of patients. We strive to create fitness and better the body through researched methods and total programs. These programs are natural, and use the body's own ability to achieve goals of improvement, rather than introducing harmful chemicals, controversial hormone replacement, surgery, or addictive drugs. We want you to live a life that is fulfilled with more energy, positive attitude, better sleep, less pain, proper body weight and educated on how to maintain this way of life.
The focus on spinal and skeletal adjustments is what makes doctors of chiropractic unique in their approach to treating patients with spinal complaints. This hallmark chiropractic adjustment, however, is not the only procedure a chiropractor may employ in managing a patient's care. I am very proud to bring my patients a variety of treatment options beyond the typical scope of care. With the advances in physical therapies and modalities we bring El Paso option that better aid in the rehabilitation process. Tissue healing is a wonderful process that begins the moment an injury occurs. How the injury is managed determine the final outcome in terms of healing. It is critical we implement immediate procedures as soon as we can in order to gain optimal recovery. The old day of let it rest until it gets better is not the only option.
Letting it rest may even be an irresponsible approach considering what we now know. The implementation of active and movement based treatments have clearly shown increased and improved outcomes in many instances.
As a doctors focused on the greater good for a patient, we must assess each patient individually and apply the appropriate protocols. It is also very important to denote, that El Paso has fine doctors in many specialties of healing and repair. The direct relationship we have with specialist of these disciplines is clearly what allows us to bring the highest quality of care to our patients.
My promise to my patients is clear for all to read here. I, with Gods help, will do what ever it takes to assist you in your recovery. I too will draw upon all the specialist in this town to find you the collaborative care that is required with the disorders being tended to.
With Great Regards to you.Read moreRead lessEducation:
Affiliations and Certifications:
Visit websiteServices Provided:
- Texas Chiropractic Association
- Chiropractic Care
- Physical Therapy
- Strength Training
- Crossfit Doctor
- Return to Competition Rehabilitation
- Truide TorresExecutive Director / Patient LiasonPhone: 9152526149Email: email@example.comDirector: Patient Relations Advocate Dept.
Truide has been working for the past 20 years in claims resolutions. She works hand in hand with patients and is availible to resolve dispute resolutions.
Truide Torres (Bio)
Driven by the passion of doing what is in the best interest of the patient, I wake up every morning with the drive to help those in need. The claims process for health care is full of pits, valleys and difficult obstacles designed to strike fear in those in need. My duty is to do what is within the confines of the law, "what ever it takes" to get those involved to pay attention to those who need help. That is what I am honored to do for our patients.
Personally, I have seen great injustices transpire on those that do NOT have a voice. Whether, a language barrier or just not knowing the rules. My job is to find out how I can help. If I personally can not help, I will find the right sources to open the possibilities. I get the job done.
As a wife and mother of 2 children, 3 dogs and 2 Cats. My passion is for God, Family and the mission of serving my fellow man.
Let it be clearly stated... I am here to help. My phone 915-850-0900Read moreRead less
- Daniel AlvaradoExercise PhysiologistPhone: 9152038122Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgDaniel Alvarado is the owner and the top trainer at PUSHasRx® CrossFit Fitness Facility. Since becoming a Trainer Daniel has kept up to date on many continuing educational classes, ensuring that his clients receive the most comprehensive and advanced training. Working directly with the Doctors, he develops and collaborates on care plans that are patient specific. No patient ever gets the same clinical protocol. His expert clinical kinesiology experience spans over 2 decades. He has trained injured patients and NCAA National Champion Athletes. His technical ability to create programs that are clinically sound and second to none. He too has used his physical therapy and recovery experience to take broken top tier athletes into strict recovery protocols assisting them to achieve highly competitive national championships. He certainly will not admit it but, he is a top national champion trainer. Daniel, also develops youth programs that are sport specific to aid young athletes achieve great success. His mastery of clinical recovery is applied applied to all patients and top tier athletes alike. All patient programs are specifically designed with patient focused recovery priorities. He is happily married to beautiful Victoria Alvarado has one child. He enjoys strength training, movies, singing, conducting, writing poetry and being a CrossFit champion. Just a way cool dude. We think you will agree.Read moreRead less
- Dennise AcostaHead Office ManagerPhone: 915-850-0900Email: email@example.comDennise has been at Injury Medical & Chiropractic Clinic for four years. Known as the master multi-tasker. Dennise, handles patient care from the moment you walk in the door. She is akin to the air traffic controller. She will assist you in matter requiring clinical preparation and effective inter-office communication. She unifies all department and clinical providers making sure all important information reaches all clinicians in a timely manner. She also loves to work out, stay in shape, watch movies and help people.Read moreRead less
- Sandra MartinezHead Clinical TherapistPhone: 915-850-0900Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgSandra has been working at Injury Medical & Chiropractic Clinic for over 5 years. As the head Licensed Massage Therapist, she manages and directs critical aspect of clinical care. The patients love her ability to make you laugh while removing those pesky trigger points causing pain. She is able to relax and bring comfort to all she touches. There just simply is no patient that escapes her talented touch. Trained in advance myofascial techniques, she is an integral part of patient recovery. You will never see anything but a kind smile and resolute persona ready to correct your condition and aid in your recovery. She definitely enjoys helping people, has 1 dog and loves movies. She loves flowers too.Read moreRead less
- AlejandraBilling AgentPhone: 915-850-0900Email: email@example.comAlejandra works in accounts & billing. She is the radar of the bunch. Nothing appears to escape her mind. Highly intelligent and appears not to need a computer for recall of facts. She provides information retrieval for patients and clinical staff. She has been at Injury Medical & Chiropractic Clinic for three years and ready for any task at hand. She performs interoffice communications with attorneys and medical director of ancillary offices. She loves her family and places know how to prioritize well.Read moreRead less
- Mike ContrerasPersonal TrainerPhone: 915-203-8122Big Mike was born and raised in El Paso and is an excellent personal trainer and CrossFit coach. Mike works hand in hand with each patient’s clinical care plan in order to achieve optimal outcomes. A trusted clinical representative of the PUSHasRx System along with his advance protocols. Mike not only trains the injured and recovering. Mike is a sincere human that has great talent of brining out the best in every individual he works with. He will never admit it, but we will share with you a secret. He with his God given talents trains the greatest athletes and champions in El Paso. Many champions in our community know of his commitment. As a youth, he also played football (wide receiver), basketball, and track at Bel Air High School. Educated in Clinical Human Kinesiology at UTEP and loves playing football and basketball with his little nephews in his free time. Mike has three sisters and one brother, most of which live nearby in El Paso. When he’s not watching the Cowboys or Spurs play, he’s usually lifting, sleeping or watching movies. We are blessed to have this soul on our team.Read moreRead less
- Alexander Isaiah JimenezCollegiate Athletic Consultant & NCAA Wrestling ChampionPhone: 915-820-9443Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgAlexander Isaiah Jimenez leads the power and agility education programs for the high school athletes. While still studying for his medical degree he provides physical performance testing in order to collaborate with clinicians. He is gifted in creating physical performance programs no matter what the clinical presentation is. As national fitness champion and collegiate wrestler, he too understands what performing at high levels entails. He too has had to recover from debilitating injuries only to return better then before an win national titles. He understand how the recovery process is different for clients, patients and extreme athletes. We are blessed to have his counsel.Read moreRead less
- Ethan PadillaPersonal Trainer & Strength CoachPhone: 915-203-8122Ethan was born and raised in El Paso and is one of our most outgoing and friendly coaches. Ethan earned his nickname “rampage Ethan” from his years at El Dorado High School, where he played inside linebacker. He has placed twice in the Strongman Competition and also recently competed in the Desert Games with his fellow PUSH Athletes as a team and placed 4th overall! Ethan is currently pursuing his Bachelor’s Degree in Kinesiology at UTEP. His focus on clients is obvious to all. Ethan is able to manage very large groups of individuals like no other. His awareness of the dangers while exercising is his greatest concern. When he’s not coaching or studying for class, he likes to spend time with his family (who are here in El Paso) or with his weimaraner puppy. Fun fact: Ethan loves any food with sprinkles (especially donuts with sprinkles) and is a diehard Seattle Seahawks fan.Read moreRead less
- AndresRecovery & NutritionAndres has been at PUSHasRx for two years. He brought his company Recovery and became the official juicer. Andy will fix you right up. Andres, will make sure that your nutritional recovery programs fits within your standards. Also, there is great care in making sure the nutritional requirement are clinically met. Patients and high performance athletes depend on high performance nutritions. Upon your completion of the physical medicine portion of therapy you will be offered specialized organic recovery drinks and supplementation to help aid in your recovery. You will be confident that from your pushing to recovery, you will be taken care of.Read moreRead less
- Iylene AvalosPUSHasRx TrainerPhone: 915-203-8122ylene has been working with us for over 4 years. In her spare time she enjoys working out and running. She has 2 dogs and loves movies. Iylene is extremely aware of body mechanics and mindfully watches rehabilitation movements. She is always standing ready to assist and respond to client needs. Her commanding voice is always clear to all, no matter what floor you are on. Iylene is always ready and willing to answer any question you may have regarding fitness and recovery.Read moreRead less
- Rick CanoPersonal Trainier Level VPhone: 915-203-8122Most early-rising PUSHasRx members know Rick well as a fantastic coach who focuses strongly on form and will always make you laugh. He was born and raised in El Paso and loves to train his athletes and coach CrossFit. Rick is a very diligent, kind and considerate trainer. He is always mindful of client techniques and aware of client goals. When he’s not coaching, Rick loves to work on cars, especially his ’69 Chevelle (his next car will hopefully be a ’69 Charger). He not only became a certified Automotive Mechanic at 17, but while working on his certification at EPCC, he won 1st place in a bench competition when he was 16 (approx. 56 reps at 155#). His favorite movements are clean & jerks and snatches. He loves oreos (eats them every night), loves watching the CrossFit games, and loves his three bulldogs. He spent one year full-time personal training before he started coaching CrossFit two years ago. He is CrossFit Level 1 Certified and hopes to get his Level 2 Certification soon. Rick has competed in several competitions, including WOD for Toys in 2014, where his team placed 1st.Read moreRead less
- Astrid OrnelasBlogger/Research/CuratorPhone: 915-850-0900Astrid has been at Injury Medical & Chiropractic Clinic for about three years. Astrid has taken her love for writing to an new level. She is a gifted and talented copywriter able to create amazing storylines. She creates content for patient consumption. She is able to bring words to life in a way that perplexes even the elite authors of the day. She loves nutrition and the healing power of clean eating. A naturalist at heart you will never see her eating processed foods that would be contra to clean living. She enjoys movies and creating storylines for Anime.Read moreRead less
- AdamVideographer & Graphics SpecialistPhone: 915-850-0900Adam has been at Injury Medical & Chiropractic Clinic for about a year. He enjoys designing and various forms of art. A story teller by trade he can see things people don’t see until his masterpieces are revealed. Adam is a director of many medias using the top graphics, audio and video medias to tell the story of our patient. Modest to the core, you would never know what he is about to create. We are blessed to have his talents telling the world about Chiropractic using any and all medias available.Read moreRead less
- Our PassionsEmail: email@example.comWe Welcome You 👊🏻.
Purpose & Passions: I am a Doctor of Chiropractic specializing in progressive cutting-edge therapies and functional rehabilitation procedures focused on clinical physiology, total health, functional strength training and complete conditioning. We focus on restoring normal body functions after neck, back, spinal and soft tissue injuries.
We use Specialized Chiropractic Techniques, Balanced Diet Plans, Agility Training programs, Cross-Fit techniques, the PUSH-Rx Rehabilitation System and a highly specialized program for our Veterans.
We've been blessed to use our methods with thousand of El Pasoans over the last 27 years. This has allowed us to improve health and restore true fitness through researched non-surgical methods and wellness programs. These programs are natural and use the body's own ability to achieve goals of improvement, rather than introducing harmful chemicals, controversial hormone replacement, surgery, or addictive drugs. We want you to live a life that is fulfilled with more energy, positive attitude, better sleep, less pain, proper body weight and informed on how to maintain this way of life.
As an extension to dynamic rehabilitation, we too offer our patients, disabled veterans, athletes, young and elder a diverse portfolio of strength equipment, high performance exercises and advanced agility options. We are very proud to have teamed up with the cities premier therapist and trainers in order to provide high level competitive athletes the option to push themselves to their highest abilities within our facility.
Come learn how to improve your health for yourself and your loved ones.
With a bit of work, we can achieve optimal health together, no matter the age or disability.
Its all about: LIVING, LOVING & MATTERING! 🍎
2 CONVENIENT LOCATIONS:
(LOCATION#1) CENTRAL ELPASO:
6440 Gateway East, Suite B
(LOCATION#2) EAST SIDE ELPASO:
11860 Vista Del Sol, Suite 128
PHONE: 915-850-0900 ✔️Read moreRead less