Today we dive deep into the primary causes, types, symptoms, and effective treatment modalities for TOS. From neurogenic to vascular and non-specific TOS, explore how compression of nerves and blood vessels in the thoracic outlet can lead to upper cervical and thoracic pain or dysfunction. Learn about essential orthopedic tests like the East Test, Adson’s Test, and Upper Limb Tension Test that help diagnose TOS accurately. Chiropractic care’s role in treating musculoskeletal TOS is explored, along with insightful stretching exercises for relief. Subscribe for more informative content and share your thoughts in the comments below!
– Kaplan J, Kanwal A. Thoracic Outlet Syndrome. [Updated 2023 Apr 10]. In: StatPearls [Internet]. Treasure Island (FL): StatPearls Publishing; 2023 Jan-. Available from: www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK557450/
– Perdikakis M, Sinou N, Angelis S, Tsakotos G, Mariolis-Sapsakos T, Piagkou M, Filippou D. Anatomy and Pathogenesis of Vascular Thoracic Outlet Syndrome. Cureus. 2023 Jan 31;15(1):e34470. doi: 10.7759/cureus.34470. PMID: 36874699; PMCID: PMC9981236.
Daryl A Rosenbaum, MD. “Thoracic Outlet Syndrome Clinical Presentation.” History, Physical Examination, 10 May 2023, emedicine.medscape.com/article/96412-clinical?form=fpf.
– Fitzgerald G. Thoracic outlet syndrome of pectoralis minor etiology mimicking cardiac symptoms on activity: a case report. J Can Chiropr Assoc. 2012 Dec;56(4):311-5. PMID: 23204575; PMCID: PMC3501918.
– Li, N., Dierks, G., Vervaeke, H. E., Jumonville, A., Kaye, A. D., Myrcik, D., Paladini, A., Varrassi, G., Viswanath, O., & Urits, I.. (2021). Thoracic Outlet Syndrome: A Narrative Review. Journal of Clinical Medicine, 10(5), 962. doi.org/10.3390/jcm10050962
– Kaplan J, Kanwal A. Thoracic Outlet Syndrome. [Updated 2023 Apr 10]. In: StatPearls [Internet]. Treasure Island (FL): StatPearls Publishing; 2023 Jan-. Available from: www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK557450
? If you found this video helpful, don’t forget to like, share, and subscribe for more in-depth health insights. Thank you for supporting our channel! ?
Facebook Clinical Page: www.facebook.com/dralexjimenez/
Facebook Injuries Page: www.facebook.com/elpasochiropractor/
Facebook Neuropathy Page: www.facebook.com/ElPasoNeuropathyCenter/
Yelp: El Paso Rehabilitation Center: goo.gl/pwY2n2
Yelp: El Paso Clinical Center: Treatment: goo.gl/r2QPuZ
Clinical Testimonies: www.dralexjimenez.com/category/testimonies/
Clinical Site: www.dralexjimenez.com
Injury Site: personalinjurydoctorgroup.com
Sports Injury Site: chiropracticscientist.com
Back Injury Site: www.elpasobackclinic.com
Functional Medicine: wellnessdoctorrx.com
The information herein on "What is Thoracic Outlet Syndrome? | El Paso, Tx (2023)" is not intended to replace a one-on-one relationship with a qualified health care professional or licensed physician and is not medical advice. We encourage you to make healthcare decisions based on your research and partnership with a qualified healthcare professional.
Our information scope is limited to Chiropractic, musculoskeletal, physical medicines, wellness, contributing etiological viscerosomatic disturbances within clinical presentations, associated somatovisceral reflex clinical dynamics, subluxation complexes, sensitive health issues, and/or functional medicine articles, topics, and discussions.
We provide and present clinical collaboration with specialists from various disciplines. Each specialist is governed by their professional scope of practice and their jurisdiction of licensure. We use functional health & wellness protocols to treat and support care for the injuries or disorders of the musculoskeletal system.
Our videos, posts, topics, subjects, and insights cover clinical matters, issues, and topics that relate to and directly or indirectly support our clinical scope of practice.*
Our office has reasonably attempted to provide supportive citations and has identified the relevant research study or studies supporting our posts. We provide copies of supporting research studies available to regulatory boards and the public upon request.
We understand that we cover matters that require an additional explanation of how it may assist in a particular care plan or treatment protocol; therefore, to further discuss the subject matter above, please feel free to ask Dr. Alex Jimenez, DC, or contact us at 915-850-0900.
We are here to help you and your family.
Dr. Alex Jimenez DC, MSACP, RN* CIFM*, IFMCP*, ATN*, CCST
My Digital Business Card