For many chiropractic patients, the first experience with chiropractic comes during early adulthood or middle age. Most adults seek out chiropractic care because they are in some sort of pain. If you are one of those that are new to chiropractic, its effectiveness may surprise you. Your next thought might be about how chiropractic could help others in your life—friends, family and more.
Fortunately, sharing chiropractic with your loved ones is easy because it is so well-suited to just about everyone. Whatever the age of the individual, chiropractic can be adapted to provide gentle preventative care and to improve overall health.
How Chiropractic Helps at Any Age
A few visits to the chiropractor makes it pretty obvious that the practice can help you feel better, relieve pain, improve your mobility and just generally aid in your overall health. But what about your parents, grandparents, or children? Let’s look at the benefits for children and older adults:
Benefits of Chiropractic for Children
Sometimes it can seem like children are invincible. They are flexible, heal quickly and tend to bounce back from situations that would floor an adult. But kids need support to be as healthy as possible, especially as they grow up. Chiropractic care is excellent for encouraging healthy growth in infants, toddlers, children, and teens.
Some of the benefits of chiropractic for children include:
- Spinal alignment. The small spines of children can become misaligned much like those of adults. Regular chiropractic adjustments help to bring your child’s spine back into proper alignment, which encourages proper functioning of the nervous system, immune system and more.
- Healthy movement patterns. It is normal to develop at least a few unhealthy movement patterns as we move from childhood to adulthood. These bad patterns can lead to injuries on down the line. Chiropractic care can help teach children how to move safely, which can yield benefits for a lifetime.
- Gentle adjustments designed for young bodies. Chiropractors who work with children learn special techniques to ensure that adjustments heal and not hurt. Immature bodies work in much the same way as older bodies, but a delicate touch is still important for safety.
Benefits of Chiropractic Care for Older Adults
Older adults can also experience numerous benefits from chiropractic care. The elderly in particular face a number of health challenges that chiropractic can assist with. Some of the benefits of chiropractic care for older adults include:
- Pain relief. Chiropractic can do wonders for pain management, all without drugs or surgery. Regular adjustments and other supplemental therapies have been proven to reduce or eliminate pain, something older adults can truly appreciate.
- More mobility. Just because you get older does not mean you should have to stop doing the things you love. Chiropractors know how to gently increase your mobility so that you can get back on your feet and enjoy life the way you deserve.
- Improved immune response. The nervous system and immune system are linked in many ways. Adjustments help to align the spine and improve nervous system function. An adjustment can also aid in immune system function, which means your body can fight off invaders more effectively.
Customized Chiropractic for Your Needs
Our chiropractic team is well-equipped to provide the services you and your loved ones need to feel your best. We are trained to help patients of all ages, from newborns to those 100-years-old and beyond! Let us show you what we have to offer and how we can make your life healthier and more enjoyable.
Contact us today to schedule an appointment with our chiropractic team. We look forward to meeting you!
Benefits of *Custom Foot Orthotics* | El Paso, TX (2019)
Orthotics for Every Occasion
Experiencing foot pain, there’s no doubt you checked out your foot to make sure it’s not injured or hurting from improper fitting shoes, corns, plantar fasciitis, etc. This may seem counterintuitive, but you may want to check the condition of the lumbar spine (lower back)? Most foot problems are caused by issues with the foot itself, but you might be surprised to find that pressure on the sciatic nerve can cause intense foot pain.
What is a Pronated Foot and How do Custom Orthotics Help?
When a foot is pronated, it means the arches have fallen and the foot is flat.
Flat feet are less shock-absorbent and make for a less stable base for the rest of the body. This includes the bones, muscles, ligaments, and tendons.
Flat Feet can also:
- Shift the body out of alignment
- Cause pain in the feet, knees, hips, neck, and spine
- Lead to injury/s like shin splints, Achilles tendinitis, and plantar fasciitis
- Women with flat feet are 50% more likely to have low back pain
- Up to 1/3 of people suffer from flat feet
Causes of Pronation
The connective tissue, called the plantar fascia, on the underside of the foot is what maintains the foot’s healthy arch shape.
Walking and standing, injury and health conditions can cause the fascia to stretch out and flatten.
Once the fascia stretches out, there is nothing to bring the spring back.
- Chiropractic adjusting to ensure proper positioning of bones and joints
- Custom orthotics for pronation control, support, and comfort
Chronic Inversion Sprain
Foot Dysfunction can very easily cause a domino effect that extends all the way to the back. The feet are the foundation of the body and when there is a problem with the way they function it can cause the entire body to shift out of alignment. For instance, overpronation of the foot causes a series of internal changes that extend up through the leg. The femur may rotate causing hip pain and inflammation of the sacroiliac joint which leads to back pain. Other misalignments in the body that are caused by foot problems can also lead to chronic lower back pain as well.
The best way to keep your spinal joints healthy over the long-term is to make regular visits to your chiropractor while also maintaining a healthy diet and exercise regimen. Everyone is different, which is why it is important to get customized treatment from your chiropractor.
The information herein on "A Great Choice For Preventative Care No Matter The Age Is Chiropractic" is not intended to replace a one-on-one relationship with a qualified healthcare professional or licensed physician and is not medical advice. We encourage you to make your own health care decisions based on your research and partnership with a qualified health care professional.
Our information scope is limited to chiropractic, musculoskeletal, physical medicines, wellness, sensitive health issues, functional medicine articles, topics, and discussions. We provide and present clinical collaboration with specialists from a wide array of disciplines. Each specialist is governed by their professional scope of practice and their jurisdiction of licensure. We use functional health & wellness protocols to treat and support care for the injuries or disorders of the musculoskeletal system.
Our videos, posts, topics, subjects, and insights cover clinical matters, issues, and topics that relate to and support, directly or indirectly, our clinical scope of practice.* Our office has made a reasonable attempt to provide supportive citations and has identified the relevant research study or studies supporting our posts. In addition, we provide copies of supporting research studies available to regulatory boards and the public upon request.
We understand that we cover matters that require an additional explanation of how it may assist in a particular care plan or treatment protocol; therefore, to further discuss the subject matter above, please feel free to ask Dr. Alex Jimenez or contact us at 915-850-0900.
We are here to help you and your family.