Looking healthy and being physically fit can get anyone’s attention and for those being a part of a summertime social event, such as a wedding, being the center of attention is enough motivation to maintain overall wellness.
During this wedding season, engaging in the proper form of exercise and performing a variety of physical activities can help tone up some of the most difficult areas of the body. For women looking to increase or maintain the physical condition of their buttocks, Nike trainer and Chisel Club founder Lauren Williams demonstrates the top five exercises for sculpting your booty.
1. Step ups with knee drive: From standing, step onto a bench on your right foot, bringing your left knee into your chest. Step down and repeat on opposite side.
2. Single-leg squat to bench: Sit down on a step with your right leg extended in front of your body. From sitting, lift up to stand on your left leg, then lower back down keeping your right leg extended the whole time. Repeat on opposite side, with your left leg extended out in front of you. Stand up onto your right leg, lower back down.
3. Circle side lunges with dumbbell: Stand tall with legs in a wide straddle stance. Hold dumbbells in front of your chest, with elbows at at 90-degree angle. Hold the weights here as you sink into a side lunge on the right leg, staying low as you move through a squat and shift into a side lunge on the left side. Stand up, return to center, and repeat the circle in the other direction.
RELATED: The Better-Butt Workout
4. Split stance single-leg deadlift: From standing, place your right leg a few inches behind your left leg and raise your heel so your weight is on the ball of your right foot. Holding a dumbbell in each hand, lower the upper body toward the floor with the arms extending down, so the dumbbells almost touch the ground. Raise the upper body back up to stand and repeat movement with the left leg back and the right leg forward.
5. All-four rainbow leg raises: From all fours, raise your left leg off the ground and extend it out behind you. Tap the left toes to the ground on the right side of your body, then tap the toes on the ground on the left side of your body, as if you’re drawing a semicircle with your leg. Repeat movement on the right leg.
Maintaining as well as improving your body’s overall health and wellness doesn’t just enhance your physical look, you can also benefit from an improved physical conditioning. Before attempting any of the above exercises, however, be sure to consult a healthcare professional and make sure these are proper for you.
For more information, please feel free to ask Dr. Jimenez or contact us at 915-850-0900 .
Chiropractic and Athletic Performance
Many athletes who are injured performing their specific sport or physical activity, frequently seek treatment from chiropractors. Chiropractic care focuses on the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of injuries and conditions affecting the musculoskeletal and nervous system. While chiropractic is a safe and effective form of conservative care for a variety of ailments, chiropractic can also be utilized to enhance athletic performance.
.video-containerposition: relative; padding-bottom: 63%; padding-top: 35px; height: 0; overflow: hidden;.video-container iframeposition: absolute; top:0; left: 0; width: 100%; height: 100%; border: none; max-width:100%!important;